Barrington Place Entrance; Eldridge & Nantucket Dr.
Welcome to Barrington Place Online!
Return to main page
Contact Us!
Important Numbers
Information on various active committees
Bulletin Board
Deed Restrictions

For Up to Date Crime Watch Alerts click on "Committees"!

See "Committees" page for ACC forms.

See "Contact" page for clubhouse rental.   

   Site built and maintained

The monthly H.O.A. meetings are held on the third Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. with the following exceptions: May-the Annual meeting which is held on the 3rd Thursday; October-in conjunction with National Night Out; All meetings are conducted at the clubhouse, 13318 Rosstown Drive.


  • Agenda 02/20/18





    The Barrington Place 2018 assessment amount is $748.00. However, if you are current with your HOA on all prior assessments and expenses, you are eligible for a $398.00 discount if you make payment in full by January 31, 2018. In short, if you are eligible for the discount and take advantage of the discount, you will only have to pay $350.00. This is quite a large saving and many of our homeowners took advantage of the discount last year.

    Any assessments unpaid on February 1, 2018, will be considered late; will not be eligible for the discounted rate and will be assessed interest in the amount of 10% per annum, effective January 1, 2018, until paid in full. A letter will be mailed after February 15, 2018, to all homeowners with past due balances. A certified demand letter, with a $35 collection fee added to the account, will be sent after March 15, 2018. All past due accounts will be turned over to the HOA’s attorney for collection after April 15, 2018.

    As you can see, paying in a timely manner results in a significant savings to our homeowners and time is quickly running out for you to reap these savings! If you have questions or need more information, please call MASC Austin Properties, Inc., at 713-776-1771.


    When Homeowners ask about assessments and where their money goes, one issue usually comes to the forefront: the neighborhood pool at 2306 Burkdale. The pool is an ongoing major expense for the Association with costs for Lifeguards, Pool Monitors, pumps and filters, furniture, pool equipment, water and chemicals, and area maintenance. Opinions on the pool vary greatly. Some say the costs are too high so fill it in. While others love the pool and want to expand it.

    Our neighborhood pool is open to all Homeowners in good standing and who obtain the necessary tags to present at the gate during pool operating hours/season. In 2017, 239 homeowners registered to use the pool and nearly 900 individual tags were issued. This equates to about 1 in 4 homes being registered to use the pool.

    The pool and pool house initially cost about $151,000 in 1989, making it approximately 30 years old. A pool’s “life expectancy” is about 30 years. That does not necessarily mean the pool and pool house need to be replaced at 30 years, but some day replacement will need to be considered, so the Board has been budgeting reserves for that eventuality.

    Currently by looking at the water line, you can see the shallow end of the pool is higher than the deeper end. This tilt stresses the concrete and could cause it to fail. You may be personally familiar or know someone that has had foundation issues or a cracking driveway repaired. This is the same concern for the pool. Additionally, the water level at the shallow end allows air to be sucked into the pumps which adds wear and tear to that system. While admittedly not perfect, the pool is operational and we keep nursing it along in hopes that major repairs are delayed, as well as giving the Association time to save for the day when replacement of the pool or major parts is required.

    Another concern is when the pool was initially built it was built to the standards of the day and like older structures is currently grandfathered in certain aspects. Any major work on the pool could cause it to lose its grandfathered status. There are many laws that could affect any new pool and pool house construction, such as:

  • The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Texas Accessibility Standards enacted in 2012.
  • The Virginia Graeme Baker Pool & Spa Safety Act became law on December 19, 2008 requiring all public pools and spas be equipped with drain covers.
  • The pool enclosure consists partly of chain link fencing which is no longer the standard.
  • The baby pool requirements have changed to require a sloped entry instead of step in entry.

    These requirements mean higher construction costs. Longtime residents know that their homes purchased around the time the pool was built have more than doubled in value, so a $150,000 pool and pool house is likely to cost $300,000. That is almost an entire annual budget and why the Association is accumulating reserves. It is the Board’s hope that the cost can be managed without having to eliminate the timely paid assessment discount and without the Association borrowing money.

    You can learn more about where your money goes by joining a committee, such as the pool committee. There is a lot of collective knowledge in the community that would benefit the Association in both maintaining the pool and controlling operational costs, as well as planning and budgeting for its eventual replacement. Also, to learn more of what the Association Board is doing, meetings are scheduled monthly and are listed on, as well as in the Banner. Constructive input on how to make Association dollars go further is always welcome!!


    The City of Sugar Land would like to ensure that all residents are taking the necessary steps to protect themselves from the Flu. The flu is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses that infect the nose, throat, and lungs. It can cause mild to severe illness, and at times can lead to death.

    The best way to prevent the flu is by getting a flu vaccine each year. What you need to know about the Flu

    Signs and symptoms of flu. People who have the flu often feel some or all of these signs and symptoms:
    Fever* or feeling feverish/chills
    Sore throat
    Runny or stuffy nose
    Muscle or body aches
    Fatigue (very tired)
    Some people may have vomiting and diarrhea, though this is more common in children than adults
    . *It’s important to note that not everyone with flu will have a fever.

    How flu spreads
    Most experts believe that flu viruses spread mainly by droplets made when people with flu cough, sneeze or talk. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby. Less often, a person might also get flu by touching a surface or object that has flu virus on it and then touching their own mouth, eyes or possibly their nose.

    Preventing seasonal flu
    Get vaccinated! The single best way to prevent the flu is to get a flu vaccine each season. About two weeks after vaccination, antibodies develop that protect against influenza virus infection. Also remember to cover your coughs and sneezes, wash your hands often, and stay home if you are sick.

    When to get vaccinated against seasonal flu
    People are generally immunized in the Fall, but they can still get protection from the flu for what remains of the flu season—even though the vaccine takes several weeks to take effect. The flu season usually peaks in January or February, with some cases continuing into the Spring and even beyond.

    Who should get vaccinated
    Fort Bend County Health & Human Services recommends that everyone 6 months and older get a flu vaccine each year. Getting a flu vaccine is the first and most important step in protecting against the serious disease. Where to get vaccinated

    Residents can find out where to get a flu shot by calling doctor’s offices, clinics, pharmacies, and super-markets.


    A lot of homeowners are making changes to their homes without getting ACC approval before making changes. Everyone who bought and/or owns a home in Barrington Place HOA agreed to get ACC approval before making changes whether they know it or not. This is spelled out in the Declarations and in the ACC Guidelines which are recorded in the local property records.

    Failing to get ACC approval in advance is oftentimes accompanied by the failure to get necessary City permits. Permits usually are needed for reroofing, changing siding, driveway repairs or replacement, foundations repairs, swimming pools, additions, remodels, and outdoor kitchens, patios and patio covers. Permits may also be necessary for water heater replacement, air conditioner replacement, heater replacements, air conditioning ductwork, any electrical circuit work, electrical panel replacements, water line replacements and water softeners. See

    Several homeowners have had to tear down and remove the improvements since City permits were not obtained. While many homeowners submit ACC forms and receive ACC approval before starting work there are some who do not. Sometimes the work is acceptable and conforms to community standards and the ACC grants approval after the fact. However there has been a rise in unapproved work recently that is not acceptable and does not conform to community standards.The ACC has the right and the duty to enforce deed restrictions and to insist on the removal of the non-conforming improvement at the cost and expense of the owner.

    This Article will be printed for the next 6 months in the Banner and posted online to remind and educate the Homeowners. A copy will also be sent with the billing for the 2018 Annual Assessment. If at the end of the 6 month period the problem has not gotten better, the Board will consider taking other actions, including denying eligibility for the discount on the yearly assessment for failure to submit ACC forms prior to commencing work. Those homeowners who get ACC approval before making improvements will have no problems. Those homeowners who do not get ACC approval before making improvements do so at their own monetary risk.

    The Request for Home Improvement Approval Form (BP ACC Form) can be found online at under the committees tab. Forms can also be requested in person from MASC Austin Properties at 945 Eldridge Road, Sugar Land, Texas 77478, Monday thru Friday, 9AM to 5PM, during normal workdays. Forms can also be mailed to the Homeowner upon request. The phone number for MASC Austin Properties is 713-776-1771 and the fax number is 713-776-1777. Forms can also be requested by email by contacting the property manager Angela Connell at

    There is no cost charged to the Homeowner for submitting and review of the BP ACC Form.


  • Contact | Important Numbers | Events | Committees | Minutes | Bulletin Board | Deed Restrictions